Tuesday, February 28, 2017

You make me HAPPY when skies are grey...

Scrapbooking is one of my favorite past times. Probably because I don't have a lot of past time to do it! But when I get the chance, I love it. 

In fact, my time is limited with scrapbooking so much that when my son saw this layout, he asked "who's that kid". He was 3 in these photos (he's now 8) that's how far behind I am!

Once I had the layout challenge in front of me from DCWV's February stack-a-holic sketch, I decided to start on the borders first. I didn't want just a long strand of one colored/texture clouds so I mixed and matched a few clouds and welded them together. 
Then I grabbed my Xyron sticker maker (the first scrapbooking tool I purchased oh so many years ago) to help get some stick to the back of the thin lined clouds. I use my sticker maker for smaller jobs like this that I don't want to get glue all over. 



It's as easy as popping the paper piece in one side and pulling it out the other! 
 ***Sugar Tip*** flip the running tape over and press the items down really well with a scraper tool. This allows for excess tackiness to adhere to the clear vellum when pulled off and not onto your project! Less clean up. 
When I found this ever so cute 'Puddle Jumpers' file from Scrappy Dew, it was a must have for these photos. 
I wanted to bring some highlights to the little boy and his rain gear. To do this, I grabbed my handy eBrush and sharpie markers.


I highlighted these cuts upside down simple for accessibility. It doesn't matter when working with the eBrush if you have your pieces this way or that.
 Next I cut all the pieces out on the same mat, ready to assemble.
 When my son was younger, I used to sing this song to him all the time. He is a little ray of sunshine! The title just came natural.
 I had to add a snail because well snips and snails...
 Journalism with scrapbooking tells a story that can be retold in years to come. 
 One thing I do with my scrapbooks is they have to be a double layout. I am a very matchy match OCD scrapbooker. I need the paper to match the subject and both pages need to match. Which is why I LOVE this new stack from DCWV. Not only is it double sided, but it matches so well to bring some brightness in on a cloudy day.
Why? Probably because I take too many photos, shhhh the husband is NOT correct on that subject.

Materials Used: 

Scrappy Dew 'Puddle Jumpers' file
Puddle Jumpers
DCWV Joie De Vivre double sided stack
DCWV February Stack-a-holic challenge

Craftwell eBrush
Sharpie Markers
Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
Xyron Create a Sticker Model 150
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Teresa Collins Mega Runner

6 comments:

  1. OK, this is just too cute!! Love, Love the photos. Awesome layout!!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is adorable!! I absolutely LOVE it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper adorable Layouts! I am way behind on scrapbooking too. Yeah. Someday I *might* be able to catch up on it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always retirement right Beth! Thank you!

      Delete