Monday, February 20, 2017

So Very Sorry

It's been awhile since I have had the time to participate in any challenges. However, I recently made time to make this special card for a cousin who has lost someone dear to her. Using the DCWV February Stack-a-holic challenge sketch was a perfect match for what I had in mind. 


 Butterflies to me signify the beauty in life and this lady that has passed away had a beautiful spirit.
I wanted to add some texture to the top of this card. I ran a simple sheet of white cardstock through my Sizzix Big Shot with a floral Darice embossing sleeve. 



 One of the greatest things about DCWV's newest double sided stacks is I don't have to really decorate the inside of the card! 
I highly recommend the new double sided stacks. They save material and the color combinations are spot on.

Materials Used:

DCWV 'Lively Geos' stack

DCWV February sketch 
Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette Studio Designers Edition
Sizzix Big Shot
Darice Embossing Sleeve
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Close to My Heart 'Take Heart Occasions' stamp set
Teresa Collins Mega Runner

2 comments:

  1. This card fits the challenge sketch so well! Thanks for joining in the DCWV challenge this month. Those new double sided stacks are so amazing, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete