Monday, July 18, 2016

Happiness is blowing BUBBLES!

Today I am going to do something I haven't done for awhile. I am going to show you some quick tips and tricks that I use in most of my crafts.

To start with I had a new pack of bubbles lying around so I figured I should make something of them! After looking on KaDoodle Bug Designs website, I found this cute Panda blowing bubbles.
I had to come up with a sentiment. I wanted it to be something fun, versatile, and kid like. For the tags, I used a Pigma Micron #03 pen with the Silhouette pen adapter. I filled in the word bubbles quickly by hand with a sharpie.

Next I cut all the bubbles I needed for the tag and Panda on white cardstock. 
 With something like bubbles, when detailing them with the eBrush, there is no wrong way! 
I decided to pick out four of my lightest colors since the rest of my project is done in bright colors. 
With projects like this, I struggle to let my OCD go on being a perfectionist.
 But the results are what I wanted, soft subtle, and colorful bubbles!  

QUICK TIP: I have a handful of cricut mats, yes cricut. The one thing I did keep from my cricut days! I just like that they are a thicker quality of mat. Moving on. One thing about either the Silhouette or Cricut mats is that the tack doesn't stay tacky for very long. If you are a constant crafter like me, well this becomes a costly annoyance. I ran out of my glue mix one day and found some basting spray. Figured why not. Well it works wonders!
This is the latest spray that I picked up at WalMart in the sewing section. It was around $10, but saves me a bunch of money! Just wash your mat really well with soap and warm water, dry completely, spray a light layer of this on there and let dry 100% . 


 eBrush tip: Craftwell's eBrush is a time saver magical little machine! I've said it before, I will say it again, it is one of my favorite crafting tools. Over the time of practicing with it, I have found a use for the pens that are getting older or dried out. I save the pinks/reds for cheek colors. Soft rosy cheeks!

Time saver tip: When doing a multiple project as such, I used three different mats. This way I kept the little pieces all on one mat with their coordinating colors. If this was a smaller project I would just take the small parts off and set them aside in a small cup.

All the paper except for the white and black were scraps I had filed away. These types of projects are why I keep my scraps! 
Another product I use on pretty much every project is a white Gelly Roll 08 Pen. It just helps make things pop, bring in little details, and works great for eyes. 
When working with the white details on an eye, start in the middle of your circle and work your way out. This way you have more control over the size and if you make a mistake, you can just quickly make another loop around! 

Money Saver tip: For projects that I know will not be something someone would keep, I look for money saving things at the store. Clearance racks and the Dollar Store seem to help me. The twine I used came from the Dollar Store. I spent $3 for 9 spools. And I can use the rest for other projects! 
And the finished project....




Materials Used:
KBD 'Bubble Blowing Panda'
Cutie KaToodles - Bubble Blowing Panda
Play Day Bubble Sticks
Play Day Bubble Stick, 6-Count
Craftwell eBrush
Sharpies
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Scotch Advanced Tape Glue
Silhouette Cameo
Gelly Roll 08 Pen


5 comments: