Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Just Keep Swimming~Mojo #442

This was such a fun card to make! When I first saw KaDoodle Bug Design's freebie this week, I had many ideas. I wanted to do a shaker card, but maybe a pop up card. Or maybe a play on Monday Mojo's inspirational sketch. Oh the choices. Well, why not just combine them all?!?!?!?!


To start with...


I flipped the inspirational sketch and lined up the circle with where I wanted the shaker portion of the card to be. 

I then took the green pop up card from the 3D Pop Up Card Kit (found in the Silhouette design store) and arranged the pop up portion of the card to fit my Fish Bowl Cutie

 For the shaker portion, I did print and cut for the sentiment and fishes. Threw it in the middle with some sequins and sand and sealed both sides with the circles that have transparent vellum attached to them. With this portion of the card, you can use pop up tabs or just cut a few extra circles (like I did I find this more practical) to give depth between the circles to form the shaker. 

 For the fish cutie, I did a double layer of the tank, fish, and water to create a more sturdy insert. Once it is finished, glued, and pressed just glue it into place on the box portion that creates the "pop" of the card! 
I may, or maybe didn't, but probably did position the pop up tab to be compatible with little Goldie jumping out of the bowl! 

Materials Used:
DCWV paper stack:
     ~11" x 17" Premium Stack - Foil/white cardstock

Inspiration Sketch: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/
KaDoodle Bug Design 'Fish Bowl Cutie' file: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/
Silhouette Design Store: http://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/
Scotch ATG Gun
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Sharpie Markers
Silhouette Cameo
Craftwell eBrush



4 comments:

  1. Way to go with such a fun card combining all the different challenges and elements! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just amazing! Sonja! Love it! ~ Your DT sister Shirley

    ReplyDelete