Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Confetti Throwing Birthday Card

Today is my husband's birthday. His only request was to go see the new Deadpool movie that comes out Friday. So I designed his card around that theme. However, the man HATES glitter. I don't understand why. I mean so he finds it everywhere on his body and goes to work shining like a disco ball, but you would think that would teach him not to sit at my desk!

So I put out the feelers with fellow crafters to see if they had any ideas on how I could incorporate glitter. Mike with Dezinesbyem happened to let me know of this confetti flinger file he designed. He was a life saver and shared the file with me so thank you Mike!

I cut the base card out with a heavy duty Bazzill Cardstock.
Next I embossed the clouds on there with my Sizzix Big Shot, and cut the city scene out with more Bazzill Cardstock.
I used the trace and cut feature with my Cameo 3 to cut Deadpool out of vinyl. The black is glitter vinyl!
The inside of the card has the glitter wishes and unicorn for him as well as all sorts of nice goodies. Glitter, sequences, and cut glitter confetti!

Materials Used: 

Monday, May 14, 2018

Memorial Day 2018

Hello all.  Happy Memorial Day. I always try to do something to show my respect for those who have fought for our freedom. Thank you to all who have put their lives on the line for us.

This year I wanted to do something with the new 3D Lantern file, the Combat 3D Boot file, and of course the American flags from the 3D Flag Pair on Poles file.

The combat boots are downsized to about 3" tall by 1 1/2" wide. Which if you've ever made the boot file, is a considerable downsize!
Next I researched what flower represents Memorial Day. As it turns out, the red poppy is the significant flower.
I cut the poppy centers and greenery for the lantern from Bazzill's Easter Grass cardstock.
Then I grabbed some sharpie markers and my Craftwell eBrush to bring in different colors for the centers.
Taking the Netlab quilling tool, I was able to quickly roll each center
Then apply to each flower with a dot of hot glue
Next I colored the greenery with greens and brown sharpie markers
One of my favorite things about the eBrush is that the project looks super messy until you remove the excess cardstock from around the cut
Next I cut out all the white and blue flowers. I shaped each petal with the help of McGill flower roller tools.
 Now it's time to assemble
The lantern could've been done at this point if I wanted to add the top portion, but I really wanted those boots on here
 So I continued on
Final Project:
There is a candle insert with this file that allows you to pop in a battery operated tealight for full functionality.
The gates and lantern were adhered using both the Xyron Mega Runner®  and
Teresa Collins Mega Runner by Xyron® so I wouldn't have to wait for glue to dry.
For the top of the flags, I applied two of Tim Holtz Hitch Fasteners to bring a big of detail.

Materials Used: 

FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day Spring Set

First of all Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mother's. You are appreciated.

My mom lives in a different state. I know she has always had a love of plants. Flowers are nice, but they die so quickly. So I decided this year that I would make her a watering can bouquet for a Mother's Day gift.

To start with, I grabbed a few of my Craft Smith stacks.
For the watering can, I highlighted the edges with the Craftwell eBrush and a gray Sharpie marker.
Then I ran the panels through the Sizzix Big Shot.

Next I started cutting and shaping flower petals after highlighting them with the eBrush.

When I first started working with rolled flowers, I really did not like them. But with continued practice, I became more comfortable with them.

Apply a dot of hot glue to the center of the flower to attach the bottom circle

Let's talk stencils. They can be cut in vinyl, paper, cardstock, chipboard, and many other forms of material. However, I like to cut mine onto transfer paper.
Transfer paper allows for just the right stick so that the ink doesn't bleed under the lines like it can do with paper products.
 Yet it comes up nice and smooth without tearing the paper like vinyl can do.
 Another easy time saver is to use an old mat with a bit of stick to it so that your project stays put.
Next I took a foam ball and cut a portion to fit into the watering can. 
 Doesn't have to be perfect, just needs to be a vessel to hold the flowers!
Final Project: 

 Top view
  Matching card

Materials Used: 

  • Adhesive
  • Embossing
    • Sizzix Big Shot
    • Darice flower embossing folder
  • Extra's
    • Craftwell eBrush
    • Sharpie markers
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.